Wednesday 22 October 2008

Last wednesday was a good night away from the uninspiring and barren life in Ansan. Mel, Lirong and I headed off to Seoul in the evening to attend an opening ceremony of our friend, Jhops Lee's new art gallery. I probably have mentioned how we got to know Mr Lee in previous posts. But I think I haven't mentioned how cool he is! He is this old, unshaven man with silver locks. The coolest thing is that, he only wears red and black! And with that he always wears his signature black bowl hat. He is the coolest gentlemen around, plus he's so artsy and friendly!
I enjoyed the night tremandously. It was the night we met many successful Korean people - lawyers, business women, people from many walks of life. It was a night I tried to put on my best behaviour and tried to act like an adult, making small talks and receiving namecards that people my parent's age tip out to me. It was a taste of what I'd probably be doing very often when I step out into the society. But most importantly, it was a much needed break from the boring life we lead in the villages of Ansan.



The man himself!
There was a really comfy little wooden deck on the third level of the gallery, overlooking Samcheongdong all lighted up at night, where you can linger with a glass of wine and enjoy the sights and sounds of the area.


All of us! The lady with the orange scarf is Dawn, this fellow Singaporean whom I got to know through Mr Lee. She has been working here for 2 and a half years already! We had a really good chat about all the things we miss back home, and it was really comforting to hear familiar street names like Toa Payah and Chua Chu Kang. All those made my heart skip a beat! haha.

No comments: