Saturday 6 September 2008

People who understand me know that I would never have meant it that way. I'm sorry if it bothered you or if my actions and words have made you feel less of a friend to me. But believe me that I never wanted things to turn out this way.

I feel as though I'm terribly misunderstood. A part of me thinks that I should confront, I should try and clarify things. But I asked myself, what would Jesus have done? He probably would have left it as it is. Many times during Jesus' life, He was misunderstood. The people thought He was a cheat, they scorned Him, they treated Him badly. But Jesus never once tried to retaliate, He continued to do what is right, He continued to allow God to work through Him. He died on the cross for sins He did not even commit, but still, He trusted, and He obeyed. Jesus, the one who is so perfect and so pure, allowed Himself to be misunderstood, what about me, a flawed and tarnished person? Would I have done the same if I were Him? My pride tells me that I should prove them wrong, but God tells me to surrender, to submit.

I guess you're right, not retaliating or fighting back is not a sign of meekness or weakness, neither is it a sign of acceptance to what is going on, it's a sign of surrender, a sign of resillence.

I was disappointed and hurt, but now I'm fine and I feel God's peace within me. At the end of the day, I'd emerge from this stronger, and closer to God, and that's all that matters.

No comments: