Monday 25 August 2008

Dear Diary,

Today is the saddest day of my life since I arrived in Korea. It’s one of those days which I just feel like gradually fading away, not see or talk to anyone, and just retreat into my safe little world.
Today, I went back to Spacegroup to look for my team, just to say a final goodbye before I move to the Ansan campus. I left them a Polaroid of myself with the bouquet of flowers they gave me, because the boss said they wanted to remember me.
Today, I’m leaving Space for real, leaving that nice team of people who have been so kind to me ever since I joined them. I wished I could be better at expressing my gratitude but when I bidded them goodbye I found myself at a loss for words. All I could do was to keep saying “thank you”. My boss gave me one last hug. And when I left my office I shocked myself because tears starting welling up in my eyes and I just couldn’t stop myself from crying. I know I’m sounding like some emotional wreck but I just felt really sad when I realized that I probably wouldn’t get to see some of these people again. I’d never forget how they tried to make me feel like I was part of the team, how they were so supportive of everything that I did and gave me so many opportunities. They didn’t brush me off just because I was a year 3 student without much knowledge of how this industry works in the real world. They made me feel appreciated, like I meant something and it’s a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction I get when I work with them. I don’t know why I’m so emotionally attached to the place and the people, despite having spent only a month there. But all I know is that this office really feels like home, and these people are like family to me. I don’t think there is anything I can do to repay them for their kindness, so I left them my Singapore contact details, and hopefully one day when they visit Singapore, I can be as good a host to them, as they have been to me.





No comments: