Tuesday 2 December 2008

I have a million and one things to blog about and there are a couple of backdated entries sitting in my draft folder but I just can't seem to find time! And it's not helping that I have been religiously glued to the screen watching ANTM and Project Runway. I actually finished Season 5 of PR in 2 days!

I have been working slightly harder for studio also. I ought to anyway, after slacking for 3 months. Since two weeks ago, the studio has turned really cold, so for two weeks I have shifted my workspace to the dorm, and converted the floor into my drafting and modelling table, resulting in the "sea" of tracing paper and models strewn all over the floor. And because of that for two weeks poor roomie had to walk through the trecherous pile on the floor as though someone planted landmines in our room. Anytime she misses a step, there is a high possibility that she might crush my models effortlessly with one single move of her feet haha. Ah poor roomie. But for the past few days, I decided to shift back to studio again, simply because we cleaned up the room and I don't want to mess it up again. And I am just more motivated in studio, maybe cos other people are slogging along with me. Misery really loves company mann haha.

Anyway, I realised I forgot to write about the dinner I had at a korean friend's place. My roomie and I received an invitation from her mentor a week ago. And gosh can I say how much I love Korean moms? They are really amazing cooks. We had some chicken stew that is kinda similiar to our curry chicken back home. Even the rice we had was exceptionally fragrant because the mom added beans, barley and a little bit of glutinous rice. Roomie and I thought it would be more polite for us to bring something so we bought strawberries! I think the mom was exceptionally impressed with us muahahaha. What I really loved about the meal was the homemade kimchi, one of the best I've had since I got here. It was crunchy, fresh, with just the right amount of spices! We got to experience the traditional korean dinner, sitting on the living room floor and eating on a foldable table. One thing I realised is that Koreans really use a lot of bowls when they eat! Each of us used like 5 bowls and there were 5 of us eating. That makes 25 bowls and many other pots. Poor korean moms. Now it seems like my mom got it easy with the washing back home :) My korean TA invited me and Lirong to her place this friday! Roomie and mel are coming along too, I think it will be fun!

1 comment:

x x said...

seems like someone is having hell lot of fun in korea eh! haha when r u gg skying ar? haha

hey and i got you some stuff wanna send it over to u eh whats ur add? haha

psps i have been really coped up with work recently and my internet access kanna taken off so i have officially no access to the internet at wk.

how sad right! haha u r being so so so missed ah pek! haha